Come See How Our Gillette Dental Cleanings & Exams Are Different
Because Synergy Dental Center in Gillette practices total health dentistry, our team understands the importance of your oral health to the health of your whole body. Regular dental cleanings and exams are crucial to maintaining both a healthy smile and a healthy body. Routine checkups every six months from Dr. Porter and our team will:Doctor David Porter on dental cleanings and exams Read Transcript
During our exam we try to be very comprehensive in our approach as far as, we're looking at several different areas. We're looking obviously at the teeth. Is there any cavities? Do we have any infection? Do we have any gum disease? We do bacteria testing in our office. We're one of very few offices that do that.
The reason why we do that is that we can be very preventative in nature, if we realize that we have a problem, before the signs and symptoms show up. We look for sleep apnea problems, breathing problems, muscle problems, joint problems. We try to be very thorough and explain things very well.
Our goal at really every appointment is to try to find out what is important to the person in the chair. Whatever is important to them, that's certainly what we wanna deal with first. We're certainly there to educate as well, so we can inform them of things that maybe they weren't aware of, and ask them if that's a concern of theirs. If it is a concern, then we're always happy to help. If it isn't, well, then, maybe that will wait to another day.
- Detect and treat oral problems early on.
- Help prevent the development of significant health problems.
- Keep your teeth clean and white.
- Help you feel confident that your smile is attractive.
- Provide peace of mind that you’re taking proactive steps for better overall health.
Call 307-682-3100 today to schedule your next visit. We’re located on West Lakeway Road, not far from Sage Bluffs Park.
You Represent More Than Just a Set of Teeth to Us
Routine checkups are a great way to protect your smile long-term. In many ways, your visit to Synergy Dental Center will resemble a visit to any other dental office. We’ll take X-rays, examine your mouth, give you a complete teeth cleaning, and discuss your dental situation with you.
However, your visit with us will include much more. Regular health checks will help you avoid larger, more complicated dental and overall health issues. That’s why we also take time to screen and test you in several other specific ways:
- Oral cancer screen, using the VELscope Oral Assessment System to identify any irregularities.
- Cavity and tooth decay inspection, using the DIAGNOdent laser detection system.
- Oral bacterial test, using a microscope to check a gum sample for signs of gum disease, including follow-up testing by an outside lab.
- A1C test, that tells us your average blood glucose level and the likelihood of diabetes, a known link to gum disease and other health problems.
- HRV (heart rate variability) test, an indicator of your overall health.
Your Kids Will Love Our Hands-On Learning Lab
The team at Synergy Dental Center is excited about our Hands-On Learning Lab™ for your children. As a key part of their cleaning and exam, it is specially designed to introduce kids to our total health approach to dentistry.
In the lab, they will learn good oral hygiene habits, and we’ll show them how to make wise choices about what to put into their bodies. Starting kids off early with good dental care and education can set them up for a lifetime of healthy and attractive smiles.
For your best smile, keep up with dental cleanings and exams twice a year. Call 307-682-3100 today to schedule your next appointment.