Your oral health and overall health are interdependent. This shapes our whole-body perspective of general dentistry in Gillette, WY. By making our office your dental home, you can:Prevent big problems early Read Transcript
Routine dental care is the foundation for good health care. By coming in and seeing your hygienist and your dentist twice a year, we can often prevent bad things from happening. That's the foundation of good health care, is being able to come in and see your hygienist twice a year to make sure that nothing is going on and that everything is being maintained well, and that we're not having any issues. And if there happens to be any issues, things can be addressed while they're still small and easy.
- Keep your mouth healthy
- Prevent and treat gum infections before they lead to systemic health problems
- Focus on identifying the underlying cause of oral health problems
- Receive treatments with biocompatible, natural, and organic materials
- Improve your overall health
Visit a practice where you are the priority. Call 307-228-7114 today to make an appointment with Dr. David Porter.
Choose General Dental Care With a Total Health Focus
We are unique in our area in that we offer biologic dentistry. This is why we say, “On a good day, we change a smile. On a great day, we change a life.” For your sake, our practice provides a mix of basic and more advanced services:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – In addition to regular checkups, we offer A1C blood tests to identify your risk of diabetes, use the DIAGNOdent laser detection system to find cavities and VELscope to identify signs of oral cancer, and use microscopes to identify possible gum infections.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We use the Fotona LightWalker® dental laser to remove infected tissue and protect more of your healthy tissue than gum surgery can. Our bacteria gum therapy reduces your recovery time, too.
- Mouthguards – Stay in the game with a custom athletic mouthguard made with digital impressions and our 3-D printer.
- Night Guards – If you suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding), an oral appliance can protect your teeth while you sleep.
- Nutritional Counseling – Your diet may be a factor in oral and overall health problems if you are overweight, have breathing issues, or have difficulty getting a good night’s sleep.
We want your whole body to be as healthy as it can be, so we avoid materials that could introduce toxins to the body. This is why we use mercury-free fillings and fluoride-free treatments. If you have fillings with mercury now, Dr. Porter is SMART-certified to remove them safely for you.
Protect Your Mouth, Protect Your Body
As a board-certified naturopathic physician, Dr. Porter brings a holistic view to oral care. We want you to prevent problems as much as possible. If they do arise, we want to solve the root cause instead of just treating the symptoms. With that in mind, you may benefit from completing a self-screening for chronic system inflammation as well as a tooth decay risk assessment.
We welcome you and your loved ones to visit us for your general dentistry in Gillette, WY. Call 307-228-7114 or for a dental physical exam at Synergy Dental Center.