Maintain Your Healthy Mouth With General Dentistry in Gillette, WY
Because general dentistry is essential for keeping your smile healthy, it’s important for keeping the rest of you healthy too. Our focus is on keeping your mouth as free from bad bacteria as possible and detecting problems like cavities in their earliest stages when they are easiest to treat.Doctor David Porter on general dentistry Read Transcript
General dentistry is very important as far as oftentimes seeing things can be dealt with very conservatively and very easily if it's caught early. As I said before, your mouth is a window into your body. Good oral health equals good systemic or good total health. You want to treat things in their early stages. There's easy solutions for those problems instead of letting things get out of hand to where we're dealing with infections, or abscesses, or things of that nature. They'd have much more complicated, more expensive solutions.
Our general dental care:
- Helps keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Treats gum disease before it causes tooth loss, bone loss, or other systemic issues.
- Identifies underlying causes for problems like dry mouth and halitosis.
- Improves your overall health.
- Offers fluoride-free treatments for dental health.
To visit a practice where general dental care is a priority, call our Gillette dentist office at 307-622-1311.
Protect Your Teeth With Preventive Care
While we can treat cavities and gum disease, our preference is to prevent them before they ever occur. To do that, we offer these general dental services:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – Regular cleanings and exams are perhaps the most important service we offer. We’ll remove every bit of bacteria-filled plaque from your teeth.
- Nutritional Counseling – Your dietary choices can have a huge impact on your oral health, and overall health too. We’ll help you find ways you can improve your diet.
- Dental Sealants – Applying a thin plastic coating to surfaces of teeth helps seal out dental decay. It’s especially helpful in hard-to-clean areas like back teeth.
- Dry Mouth Treatment – Saliva helps prevent cavities, so it’s important to address a deficiency.
- Halitosis Treatment – Bad breath often occurs with dry mouth. Since both can signal larger health issues, we’ll look at the underlying causes.
Take our risk assessment to find out if you’re susceptible to decay. If you are, Dr. Porter can make treatment recommendations to lower your risk.
Keep Teeth Safe During Sports With a Mouthguard
Sports are great for cardiovascular health and all-over fitness, but they can be hard on teeth. Dr. David Porter can fit your family’s athletes for custom-made mouthguards that will protect their smiles from tooth breakage and other damage. Since they’re made from impressions of their teeth, they’ll get the kind of comfortable custom fit you can’t get from a store-bought mouthguard.
For healthy teeth, gums, and body with general dentistry, call 307-622-1311.