Rebuild Your Smile With Dental Implants in Gillette, WY
The noticeable effects of missing teeth, like gaps in your smile and difficulty chewing food, are bad enough. But what you don’t see – at least not at first – is even worse. With no tooth roots to stimulate your jaw, your bone will shrink over time. Fortunately, dental implants can save your smile, and your jaw too. Because Dr. David Porter embeds them in your jaw, they function like natural tooth roots, keeping the bone intact.Doctor David Porter on dental implants Read Transcript
Implants are a great option, and they can be used in many different aspects. What I usually tell people is the implant is a one-tooth solution for a one-tooth problem. So if you are missing a tooth, an implant is a great treatment option to replace that tooth. It acts almost like an actual tooth. You floss it, you brush it, you take care of it just like it was an actual tooth. You can even have implant options if you are missing multiple teeth or even if you're missing all of your teeth, there's implant options that you can use to connect dentures. There's many different options in the implant types you use, there's the traditional titanium implants, there's ceramic implants now. Implants are a really great thing, and they're continuing to be used more and more every day.
In addition to preserving your bone, implants will:
- Keep Your Teeth Securely in Place – Unlike dentures, there is no risk of replacement teeth becoming loose or getting dislodged. Plus, you won’t need adhesive!
- Give You a Better Long-Term Fit – Since your bone doesn’t shrink, you won’t need periodic fit adjustments for your new teeth.
- Let You Eat What You Want – You can eat anything you want, even foods like corn-on-the-cob or crunchy apples.
- Replace Any Number of Teeth – Implants can replace one tooth, a mouthful of teeth, or any number in between.
- Not Irritate Your Gums – When secured with implants, replacement teeth won’t rub against your gums as traditional dentures can.
Most implants are made of titanium. At Synergy Dental Center, you can choose titanium implants or, if you prefer to avoid metal dental restorations, ceramic implants. We offer metal-free options whenever we can as part of our total health dentistry approach!
To schedule a consultation with our Gillette, WY implant dentist, call 307-622-1311.
Choose From Many Dental Implant Procedures
Since everyone’s situation is different, we offer a variety of dental implant solutions. We will happily help you determine which one best meets your needs. Your options include:
- Dental Implant With Crown – A single dental implant topped with a single crown replaces one tooth that has been knocked out, fallen out, or extracted.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – Our implant-supported bridge consists of three or more teeth set into a base and attached to your jaw using implants. You can replace anywhere from a few teeth to an entire arch.
- Dental Implant Dentures – Our implant-supported dentures are more stable and reliable than removable dentures alone.
- All-on-4® Dental Implants – In this procedure, Dr. Porter can create a restoration for you that can be placed all in one day. He’ll remove any teeth necessary, place the implants, and attach your new teeth – all in one appointment! It’s a great choice for a full-mouth rehabilitation.
To see if you’re a candidate for dental implants, call 307-622-1311.