Like you, we want your children to have a positive lifelong relationship with the dentist. Our Hands-On Learning Lab™ in Gillette, WY is an integral part of how we help begin that journey for our youngest patients.Improve your families overall health Read Transcript
We're really proud of our hands-on learning lab. I believe in education. I attend upwards of 200 hours of continuing education every year, and really enjoy it. I love bringing back that information to our team, and to our patients, so they can have the power and the knowledge to improve their own health.
Our learning lab is designed to teach kids basics in health and science, so that hopefully it sparks an interest in them, someday, to go into the health care, or going to the science field. It's designed to really help them improve their overall health, and for them to really take control and understand the things that are going to have an impact on their health .
Dr. David Porter and the rest of our friendly team at Synergy Dental Center do all we can to ensure that time in our lab will help your child:
- Learn the most effective ways to brush and floss their teeth
- Understand how what they eat affects their oral and overall health
- See for themselves how bacteria can damage their teeth and gums
- Develop a great, lasting relationship with our whole dental team
- Begin healthy oral care and lifestyle habits that last a lifetime
- Practice personal accountability, set goals, and track their dental progress
Awaken an Interest in Science in Your Child
Most kids like to learn by doing, and that’s exactly what they get to do in our unique and engaging learning lab. They will receive a dental cleaning in the lab, as well as participate in a series of fun, hands-on activities where they learn about the importance of good oral hygiene, dietary habits, and more.
Throughout their experiences in the lab, your child can develop a broader interest in science, health, and wellness. When we talk to them about the bacteria that live in their mouth, we’ll let them use a microscope to see what the bacteria look like. When we talk to them about the sugar content of different cereals, we’ll measure out the sugar with them.
We offer up to 40 different interactive experiments for your child to enjoy, like the chance to use a disclosure liquid that turns to a light color on their teeth to reveal what their toothbrush missed that day and a darker color to reveal spots that haven’t gotten enough attention for quite some time.
It’s a fun, hands-on way for your children to learn about taking great care of their teeth and encourage a lifelong commitment to healthy habits. Our staff will also take the time to answer all your children’s questions, too.
Reinforce Learning With Fun Activities at Home
You can reinforce what your child learns in our hands-on lab by making oral hygiene fun at home, too. Try these tips:
- Let your child select their own toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Give your child a sticker for activities like flossing or making a healthy snack choice. Keep a chart for the stickers. When they earn enough stickers, reward them with a favorite activity.
- To encourage brushing for two full minutes, pick a two-minute song to play. To make it really fun, choose one that makes you dance, too!
Call Synergy Dental Center at 307-228-7114 or so your child can visit the Hands-On Learning Lab™ in Gillette, WY. We look forward to meeting you and your family!