- Give your child the chance to breastfeed correctly
- Avoid long-term issues with speech & confidence
- Ensure their comfort with a painless laser procedure
Breastfeeding is excellent for your baby’s dental and overall health. Yet this can be frustrating if your baby has difficulty latching onto the breast due to a tongue-tie or lip-tie. This condition can prevent your child from moving their tongue freely because of how it is attached to the base of the mouth or upper lip.Painless quick care Read Transcript
Painless quick care
Well, tongue tie and lip tie are very important. It is important for the child to be able to feed correctly for the child's sake and certainly for the mother's sake. We're able to take care of this procedure with a laser in our office, where we can do this painlessly and very quick for the child and for the mother. This is very important, as I said before, for growth and development, for emotional support. For the mother and the child through our training and our expertise, we're able to help hundreds of people locally and from around our region.
We can treat tongue-tie and lip-tie in Gillette, WY comfortably so you can:
- Feel good knowing your child can latch properly
- Ensure your baby gets immunologic protection from breast milk
- Enjoy stress-free feedings with your baby
- Bond with your child during feeding
If your baby is having trouble latching, do not wait any longer to get help. Call Synergy Dental Center at 307-228-7114 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Porter.
Choose a Fast & Simple Solution For Your Child
Dr. David Porter has training and hands-on experience in treating tongue- and lip-ties. The process can be completed painlessly with a laser. No cutting is needed, and no sutures are necessary. Our treatment has multiple other benefits:
- Removing the tiny bit of connective tissue that restricts your baby’s tongue movement
- Completing the treatment in just seconds
- Correcting both anterior and posterior tongue-ties
- Allowing your baby to eat as soon as the procedure is over
We take a holistic approach to general dental care. This is just one example of our desire to address problems when they are small so they don’t lead to long-term oral and systemic health concerns.
Don’t Take Chances With Untreated Lip-Ties & Tongue-Ties
This problem can be treated easily, and it’s important to do so. Children can experience poor health consequences when lip-ties and tongue-ties are not corrected. For babies, this can lead to malnutrition, sleeping problems, and dehydration. As they get older, a tie can cause:
- Changes in facial development
- Trouble eating solid food
- Higher risk of choking or gagging
- Difficulty with speaking or delays in speech development
- Dental problems
- Lack of self-confidence
- Behavioral problems
Ties also can affect mothers. If your child can’t feed correctly, breastfeeding can be painful. You may suffer a milk duct blockage or breast tissue infection. Mentally, this can cause anxiety, depression, and stress for parents.
Dr. Porter and our team want you and your child to avoid those issues. That’s why we strongly encourage you to visit us for tongue-tie and lip-tie treatment in Gillette, WY. Call 307-228-7114 or for your appointment at Synergy Dental Center.